This 300 hr level training will allow space for the yoga lover to deepen their practice, knowledge of the body, and teaching ability.
With a strong emphasis on anatomy & physiology, graduates will come away with a better understanding of how the body moves and functions, to best help others.
Spanning 10 weeks, will meet on Wednesday and Friday evenings, all day Saturday and Sunday.
Yoga Alliance approved topics we will cover:
1. Techniques, Training, and Practice:
2. Teaching Methodology
3. Anatomy & Physiology
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics
What to expect:
1. Daily yoga practice in various styles, including alignment based flow, yin, ashtanga, special guests, and peer teaching.
2. Daily meditation, pranayama, and chanting.
3. Through breakdown to understand the muscles of the body: learning anatomical names, attachments, and functions.
4. Understanding Your Students: How the body functions and moves in a yoga class and in everyday life.
5. Class Structure, sequencing, and how to incorporate anatomical cues in your teaching.
6. Review and discussion of sacred texts.
7. Using props for a deeper, safer, yoga practice.
8. Verbal and hands-on adjustments
9. Yoga Nidra
10. Subtle body & Chakras
11. Intro to Ayurveda
12. Satsang & Cacao Cermonies
anatomy / əˈnadəmē/ noun / a study of the structure or internal workings of something.
physiology / fizēˈäləjē/ noun / the way in which a living organism or bodily part functions.